Working Ventures Insurance RV and Motorhome insurance

Hit the Road – Prepared! RV and Motorhome Insurance Coverage

Working Ventures Insurance RV and Motorhome insurance

Keep your dreams alive when you’re on the road – don’t leave anything to chance or compromise your peace of mind with inadequate insurance.

Before you embark on your years-long dream of hitting the road in your motorhome, travel trailer, fifth wheel or tent trailer make sure you’ve covered all your bases. These assets represent a significant investment and require the appropriate coverage to ensure they’re protected in the event of the unforeseen.

Insurance for Your Motorhome

Purchasing insurance for your motorhome isn’t much different than the insurance you’d purchase for a car, truck, or van. The difference becomes evident when you take into consideration “standard equipment” and “contents”, elements not typically covered by your insurance policy for your car.

This “standard equipment” includes the components attached to the motorhome, such as the appliances. The “contents” covered included items such as dishes, cooking utensils, linens, etc.

Questions? Contact us for a complete list of items considered “standard” and “contents”.

Travel Trailers, Fifth Wheels

Travel trailers and fifth wheels can actually be insured through the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC) or other insurance companies. For example, when you purchase a “Vehicle Travel Protection” package from ICBC for your auto, the camper or trailer that you are towing will be protected.

There can be limits to the protection included under this type of policy. Ask us! 

Whether your unit is brand new or a vintage model we can customize a package for you.  Guaranteed replacement cost is available through most of our insurers for units 10 years or newer. An insured total loss in the first 10 years could be settled with a new current model year unit.

It’s not unusual for your home insurance to cover some of the contents of your trailer or fifth wheel—up to certain limits. Additional coverage may be required if those limits aren’t sufficient to cover the true value of the contents of your trailer including awnings and outbuildings.

Questions? Need a quote? Contact us!

Additional Coverage for Motorhomes and Travel Trailers

Consider other coverage options to ensure your valuable assets are fully covered:

Comprehensive Coverage: For protection from just about any direct, sudden, and accidental loss, including collision, fire, smoke, flood, landslide, hail, windstorm, animals, vandalism, low branches or overhangs, theft and lightning.

Unit in Storage: Trailers, fifth wheels, tent trailers and campers require special insurance while in storage. If they are used as a living accommodation, they require still another type of coverage.

Attached Accessories: Includes awnings, satellite dishes and TV antennas.

Emergency Expenses: Pays for lodging or travel home if your rig is damaged or destroyed by a covered loss more than 50 miles from home.

Campsite/Vacation Liability: Provides liability coverage when you are parked and using your motorhome as a residence.

Replacement Cost Policy: This type of policy provides broad coverage, with the standard insurance exclusions, and a replacement cost settlement that is based on the current depreciated value of the motorhome or travel trailers.

Guaranteed Replacement Cost Policy: This policy also provides broad coverage with the standard exclusions, but the replacement costs are calculated based on the value of providing a new, but comparable, motorhome or travel trailer.

Full Timers Coverage: Provides comprehensive personal liability, stored personal contents, and additional living expense coverage if you are living full-time in your motorhome or travel trailer.

Take advantage of our emergency vacation expense, as most losses occur while away from home. Talk to us!