Working Ventures Insurance Solutions clients have entrusted us with their personal information. The Agency has a long history of providing good service to its clients, treating all clients with respect and dignity, and protecting their privacy. If we provide you with products and services, we will do all we can to protect your personal information.
Commitment to its Clients
- Protect the confidentiality of your personal information
- Keep you informed about our privacy policies and practices
- Let you see your personal information
Working Ventures Insurance Solutions will not collect, use or disclose your information without your consent, unless required or authorized by law.
Working Ventures Insurance Solutions has Privacy Policies that explain more fully how and why the Agency collects, uses, and discloses your personal information. This information is available to you. Please contact the Agency’s Privacy Officer.
Statement of Purpose
Working Ventures Insurance Solutions will collect, use, and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
To provide and administer the insurance products and services that you request, including:
- Providing information to third party suppliers of products and services
- Offering and providing insurance and related products and services to you
- Establishing and maintaining communications with you
- Verifying your identity and the accuracy of your personal information
- Confirming your application and information, and assessing your eligibility and suitability for insurance products and services
- Determining and facilitating your payment of fees and premiums, including collection of debts owed to Working Ventures Insurance Solutions
- Protecting you, the Agency, or other persons from fraud and error, such as identity theft
- Identifying you and making sure your records are kept separate from others; verifying information collected from you with the credit reporting agencies and others; and verifying information provided by third parties
- Complying with the law and regulatory requirements
- Understanding your needs and determining the suitability of products and services for you offered by our affiliated companies
- Assisting you and ensuring the proper handling and administration of your insurance claims
- Managing or transferring assets or liabilities of the Agency, such as in the case of acquisitions and mergers
Working Ventures Insurance Solutions may disclose your information to:
- Associations in connection with providing and administering insurance services that you request
- Lawyers, notaries public, managing general agencies and/or any other enterprise as may be reasonably required for the purposes already stated
- Bailiffs, collection agencies, lawyers and others when collecting a debt owed to Working Ventures Insurance Solutions, enforcing an agreement between you and Working Ventures Insurance Solutions, and insuring or otherwise protecting the Agency’s interests.
- Authorities as required or authorized by law
If you have a joint policy/account with Working Ventures Insurance Solutions, your personal information including information in connection with products and services provided to you individually under the same number as the joint policy/account, may be disclosed to all joint tenants of the joint policy/account
Frequently Asked Questions
How does Working Ventures Insurance Solutions collect information about me?
Working Ventures Insurance Solutions collects personal information from you directly when you apply for insurance. Some personal information is required by law to ascertain identity. With your consent, Working Ventures Insurance Solutions may also collect information from credit reporting agencies, references provided by you. Your consent can be express or implied.
Can I decline to have my personal information collected, used, or disclosed for certain purposes?
Yes, you can decline to have your personal information collected, used or disclosed for certain purposes. For example, you can opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes such as:
- Receiving information from Working Ventures Insurance Solutions about products and services or special promotions
- Sharing information with organizations for the purpose of providing you with information about products or services
To choose these options, please contact our Privacy Officer and ask for an opt-out request form
You can also decline to have your personal information collected, used, or disclosed for other purposes. This may mean that Working Ventures Insurance Solutions will not be able to provide you with products and services requested.
What will happen if I opt out of marketing purposes?
If you opt out of receiving marketing information from Working Ventures Insurance Solutions, you may no longer receive information about new products or special promotions including activities and events. Working Ventures Insurance Solutions will continue to send you account information, policies, and information required by law. Your request to opt out of receiving marketing information will not affect your eligibility for any products or services.
How does Working Ventures Insurance Solutions protect my personal information?
Working Ventures Insurance Solutions staff members are required to treat all personal and financial information confidentially. Working Ventures Insurance Solutions has many policies, practices, and physical and electronic systems in place to safeguard personal information under Working Ventures Insurance Solutions control; and to prevent unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, or disposal of your personal information.
What can I do to protect my personal information?
It is your personal responsibility to protect information misuse. You should safeguard your insurance documents that carry account numbers, driver’s license numbers, plate numbers at all times. You should not send confidential information to Working Ventures Insurance Solutions or anyone else by using internet email that is not encrypted. You should review your account information carefully and let us know immediately if your address changes or you find any errors in your information.
Can I view or verify my personal information?
Working Ventures Insurance Solutions has always provided policies or copies of policies or other documents upon request, if we still have them. Working Ventures Insurance Solutions may charge a fee for providing copies of documents.
For more extensive information, you can complete an access to information request. You will be provided with an estimate for the fee for obtaining the information. For information and assistance, please contact Working Ventures Insurance Solutions’ Privacy Officer. We’ll respond within 30 days or if we need an extension of time, we’ll notify you of the new deadline and the reason for the extension.
If you ask, we will assist you to contact other organizations to whom we have disclosed your information.
By law, Working Ventures Insurance Solutions must not provide or may withhold some types of information. For example, Working Ventures Insurance Solutions will not provide information that reveals the identity of another individual or that individual’s personal information, without that individual’s consent; information that cannot be disclosed for legal or security reasons; information that is confidential commercial information.
If there are any errors in your information, we will correct the information, wherever possible.
If you wish to verify your credit history, please contact the credit bureau directly. We will help you to contact the credit bureau.
How long does Working Ventures Insurance Solutions keep my information?
Working Ventures Insurance Solutions keeps your personal information as long as it is needed to provide you with products and services you have applied for, and to meet legal and business requirements, after which the information is destroyed or erased, or we remove your name from the information.
Working Ventures Insurance Solutions may use personal information collected in the past when you apply for new products and services, in which case, Working Ventures Insurance Solutions confirms or updates your information for marketing purposes such as sending you information about products and services that may be of interest to you, unless you have opted out of receiving marketing information.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Working Ventures Insurance Solutions’ Privacy Officer; Nicole Lychak-Smith, Branch Manager 1-800-663-4200 Ext 236. Email: email@example.com. Working Ventures Insurance Solutions is located at: 220-2075 Enterprise Way, Kelowna, BC V1Y 8R6.
Our Privacy Officer will answer your questions about privacy and provide you, if you ask, with information about Working Ventures Insurance Solutions Privacy Policies and Practices and how we respond to complaints. The Privacy Officer can also help you complete and access information requests, help you access or correct your personal information, and try to resolve any concerns or complaints about privacy to the satisfaction of you and Working Ventures Insurance Solutions.